1. It’s okay to fail…and fail a lot. Not with school, not with friends but with working towards your passion. When I was 18 I should have gone for my dreams because being young is all about failing, if you don’t fail at something you don’t have a chance to grow and come back ten times stronger. 7 years later I am returning to the 18-year-old part of my brain that is telling me to go for my dream and I may fail along the way BUT I am going to give it a try.
2. Invest in yourself. You can never be wrong investing in yourself. Whether it be a class you think will help you along your journey, a trip to decompress and clear your mind, a pad of paper to write anything that comes into your mind. Investing in yourself and being your own cheerleader is one the most important things you should do.
3. Talk To Everyone. Everyone is interesting and Everyone has something unique to offer. The world is full of amazing things and you won’t have the means to experience them all, that is where people come into play. The more people you develop a relationship with the easier life will be.
4. People Are Not Mind Readers. Be vocal with what you want and someone will listen.
5. Embrace Change. However good or bad a situation is now, it will change. That’s the one thing you can count on. So embrace change, and realize that change happens for a reason. You may not realize it right away but one day you will understand why change happened.